Oct 22-24, 2018
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Please let us know how did at ELC! #lfelc
List of Topics and Speakers (Just 2 days)
|Mon||9 AM – 10:30 AM
|Elizabeth Flanagan||PocketBeagle Walkthrough|
|Mon||11:15 AM – 12:45 PM
|Marek Vasut||Introduction to the U-Boot bootloader|
|Mon||2:15 PM – 3:45 PM
|Michael Opdenacker||Introduction to Linux kernel driver programming|
|Mon||4:15PM – 5:45 PM
|Matt Porter||Introductions to IIO and Input drivers|
|Tue||9:00 – 10:30
|Chris Simmonds||Debugging embedded devices using GDB|
|Tue||11:30 – 1:00PM
|Thomas Petazzoni||Getting Started with Buildroot|
|Tue||2:30pm – 3:10pm
|Stephano Cetola||Getting Started with Yocto Project|
|Tue||3:50pm – 5:20pm
|John Ogness||Building Real-Time Applications for Linux|
What Hardware is used in these classes?
The BaconBits cape has the following capabilities:
What am I expected to know beforehand?
We make assumptions about attendees existing skills in the E-ALE seminars:
- You are comfortable using a command line interface
- You can program and know C
- You have some level of Linux userspace experience
These are not courses on "How to use Linux"
What should I bring to class?
- A minimum of a recent i5 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- Your plugin power supply (we will be compiling a lot)
- At least 100GB of free disk space
- Run "./check-requirements.sh EALE"
If your laptop doesn’t run Linux...
... please make sure you have a virtual machine program hypervisor available in order to install a Linux VM (for instance Virtual Box, or VMWare).
Get your computer ready for E-ALE seminars
- wget https://cm.converseincode.com/cr/check-requirements.sh
- chmod 755 check-requirements.sh
- ./check-requirements.sh EALE