Do you have Embedded Linux questions? We have answers!
No question is too simple.
Maker to Professional
But what if I want to try out things I learn on real Hardware?
We try to use real Embedded hardware in all our seminars. We have to tailor the embedded board and availability to the conference
Please check each conference for embedded board specifics and the embedded daughter boards we are using to give attendees access to sensors as well as a number of inputs and outputs. The training is still free, but the purchase of one of our HW kits is required in order to do the
What am I expected to know beforehand?
We make assumptions about attendees existing skills in the E-ALE seminars:
- You are comfortable using a command line interface
- You can program and know C
- You have some level of Linux userspace experience
These are not courses on "How to use Linux"
What should I bring to class?
- A minimum of a recent i5 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- Your plugin power supply (we will be compiling a lot)
- At least 100GB of free disk space
- Run "./check-requirements.sh EALE"
If your laptop doesn’t run Linux...
... please make sure you have a virtual machine program hypervisor available in order to install a Linux VM (for instance Virtual Box, or VMWare).
Get your computer ready for E-ALE seminars
- wget https://cm.converseincode.com/cr/check-requirements.sh
- chmod 755 check-requirements.sh
- ./check-requirements.sh EALE
Who is behind E-ALE?
All the materials and instructor time is donated, and all the HW kits are priced as low as we can to cover costs.
Certainly, all of our E-ALE instructors are also consultants with their own companies. Each of them would be happy to talk to you further about more paid training or contract work. However, that is up to you to ask them about it.